Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Traffic Manager is responsible for the internal scheduling of work throughout the agency. The Traffic Manager opens all jobs entering the agency and assigns a step-by-step schedule to each. Under the direction of the Creative Management Team, the Traffic Manager coordinates movement of all jobs through all agency departments (Account Services, Design, Interactive, Proofreading, etc.).
Each day, the Traffic Manager hosts a morning huddle with the Creative Department Managers and Account Managers to review the status of all active jobs and ensure proper task assignments and project prioritization. The Traffic Manager tracks and physically moves job tickets from one staff member to the next, staying abreast of changes in project timing and scheduling to produce an accurate traffic schedule each day.
- Prior traffic experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritization and follow-up
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels
- Ability to multitask and handle pressure and deadlines
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Workamajig a plus
- Review daily work schedule with Account Services and Creative Department Managers in a morning priority meeting.
- Review any job change orders from Account Services and communicate them to affected agency personnel; revise schedules.
- Expedite all “crisis jobs,” while ensuring that the majority of work flows through our creative departments at a reasonable, scheduled pace.
- When necessary, ask Account Services to contact clients for any materials or information needed to complete scheduled projects
- Communicate regularly with Account Services about the status of all jobs in progress.
- Report any problems affecting job quality, due dates, or costs to Account Services, after being advised by production manager and creative director.
- Assist the production manager in job estimating, vendor specifications, etc.
- Retrieve client-approved materials from the project manager or account manager to continue the production process; ensure that all materials are approved by Account Services and the client
- Regulate time to allow for an internal review of all concepts with the account manager
We offer the stuff you’d expect from a great employer—competitive salaries, paid time off, health, dental, a 401(k) match—plus opportunities to train, advance, and generally feel great about working here. We invest in our people to help them learn and grow because this is one of the best things we can do for them, our company, and our clients.
On most days, most of us work here in our Nashua office. There’s flexibility around arrival and departure times, doctor appointments, daycare drop-offs, and so forth. We hire great people and trust them to deliver great work on time while they live their lives. We’re not much into authoritarian-style management, handholding, or micromanaging.
Salary: From $45,000 per year
Apply for this position now
Thanks for your interest in MarketReach. And here’s an application tip: we think intro letters are important. So don’t forget to tell us all about your professional self below. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.